Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

5.26.2012

The Bashful Blues

A while back I designed a few wedding invitations for some clients. They really liked Bashful Blue with white. They fell in love with one design in particular and before I knew it, I was making 170 of them! Here is what the final result looked like:


 

There was lots of embossing and cutting to be done! This invite was very time consuming... I don't know what I was thinking when I designed them, but I'm sure you can agree that they came out beautifully with lots of WOW factor. :) Unfortunately, aside from the Bashful Blue & Whisper White, not much else is SU! The client fell in love with the embossing folder used on the front of the invite (also used behind the invitation itself) and SU! doesn't have any fancy decorative embossing borders that would work with this invitation.


Now that you have a little background information on the wedding invitations, you'll understand my theme for the 100 thank you cards I just completed for the couple. I really couldn't commit to doing the same card 100 times, so I made several different designs. I also added in some neutral colour tones to the colour scheme and here are the finished cards:

 Stamps: Baroque Motifs (retiring May 31st), Sincere Salutations (retiring May 31st)

Stamps: Baroque Motifs (retiring May 31st), Perfect Punches

Stamps: Sincere Salutations (retiring May 31st)

Stamps: Papaya Collage (NEW for 12/13!), Tiny Tags

Stamps: Sincere Salutations (retiring May 31st), One of a Kind (RETIRED)

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes

Stamps: Baroque Motifs (retiring May 31st), Elizabeth (retiring May 31st), Perfect Punches
 
 Stamps: Sincere Salutations (retiring May 31st), Faith in Nature, Hostess Set (retiring May 31st)

The majority of materials used for these cards was SU! However, I did manage to get rid of some non SU! ribbon I had kicking around (slowly I'm switching over to all SU! product because it's far superior to other brands!) and also some retired SU! product I had too.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Those invitations are GORGEOUS!! I can't imagine how long it took to put them all together! Nice job on the thank you cards too...really pretty and all work so well with the theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!