Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.06.2012

A Colour & Sketch Challenge Duo

It is hot, hot, hot here in Cambridge today... a perfect excuse to stay inside and get all inky! :) Today I decided to combine two challenges in one card. There was a sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday and a colour challenge over at Stampin' Royalty. Here are the details:



When the stamp set Tea Shoppe came out in the last Occasions Mini, I just fell in love. I haven't had much opportunity however, to play much with it, so it's probably a good thing that I gravitated to it when I sat down to work on a card for these challenges. The colour combo of Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight and Baja Breeze are also such a calm trio and also thought it would be a great fit for the stamp set. Here's my card:



I used the Rock & Roll technique on the smaller tea cups. First, I inked up in Daffodil Delight and then rocked and rolled the inked up stamp over the Baja Breeze ink pad. It gives the image kind of a vintage/patina look to it. Cool, eh?!

To add some dimension and texture to the card, I cut some labels from the Labels Collection Framelits in Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla and embossed them with the Fancy Fan embossing folder. I also stamped the largest tea cup from the stamp set in Baja Breeze on Very Vanilla card stock and fussy-cut it out. I do love to fussy-cut, honestly! I think I may be one of very few out there that do enjoy it. ha. To finish, I added some Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon, layered a few pieces together and stamped some flowers on the inside in Basic Gray. Viola!

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Steph! I still haven't got this set yet...it keeps getting bumped down my list. I'll get there eventually...and might just have to CASE this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!