Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.09.2012

Freshly Made

Today I'm playing with the ladies at Freshly Made Sketches. It's my first time playing, but I liked the sketch and that this challenge site focuses on clean-lined and fresh creations. Here's the sketch:
It's actually quite fitting that I'm playing along today at Freshly Made because there's (finally) fresh air outside. It's been so hot and humid around here lately that I really missed having the windows open. Such a nice change!

Anyway, here is my card:



Okay, so I roughed up the edges just a tad. But not too much, so I think it still qualifies for "fresh" and "clean-lined", no?

I finally got around to using the Fine Feathers stamp set. It's one that drew my attention immediately in the new catty, but every time I pulled it out, I just couldn't come up with anything. This sketch certainly got my creativity flowing with it... and it's about dang time! :)

I started with a very detailed section from the Fan Fair DSP pack. It featured some lace, a flower, a washed out map and the Eiffel Tower (mostly hidden). I then layered with a piece of Island Indigo card stock that I embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder. Next, I stamped two feathers in Pool Party ink on Very Vanilla card stock and then cut one feather out and popped it up with some Dimensionals. I wrapped some Pool Party Bakers Twine around and added a punched tag. I stamped the sentiment from the Just My Type set and elongated the tag by pulling the paper up and through the Jewelry Tag Punch. The trick is to have your paper the same width as the punch. You can then make the tag as long (or short) as you want. Cool, eh?!

To finish off, I used the retired Lace Border Punch and added some pearls. I mimicked this on the inside too by stamping a couple of feathers and adding the border again with the pearls.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the popped up feather! The pearls are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I, too, love those feathers and they are used beautifully here. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all of that beautiful lace! I love the old fashioned feel of this card. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the beautiful elements you've brought together here. The subtle image on the background paper and the feathers give this a lovely vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you via Stampin' Connection. Come on over and visit my blog soon: http://stampinmomoffour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you "interpreted" the sketch. Lovely Card! (following you now) Thanks for sharing.

    You can visit me at "Avenue of Art" (www.AvenueofArt.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. You used the feathers so creatively. Nice job. Thanks for visiting my blog and following me. I'm now following your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked down several cards. Nice work! I am your newest follower and found you through SC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pretty, lov ethe colours. Thanks for visiting my blog. Looking forward to seeing how you play with more of the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the feather and the pearls!! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog!! I am now following you. :)

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!