Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.26.2012

Still Time to Smile!

As you probably already know, July has been a reason to smile. For the entire month, you can purchase the exclusive Reason to Smile stamp set for only $5.00 when you purchase $60.00! What a sweet deal... especially since you can choose either clear-mount or wood-mount.

As a Demonstrator, we had the opportunity to pre-order this stamp set in June already. Of course I forgot to do that and so I only recently got it. Anyway, here is the first card I made with this beautiful set:

Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Old Olive
Stamps: Reason to Smile, Tiny Tags
Tools: Big Shot, Framed Tulips TIEF, Little Labels Punch Pack
Accessories: Calypso Coral Organdy Ribbon
I started with a Whisper White card base and masked off about a 2 inch section. Next, I stamped the Gerber Daisies randomly in Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight (two step stampin'). I then ran the card base through the Big Shot using the Framed Tulips TIEF, lining up the edge of the folder with my masked edge on the card base. To add even more dimension, I stamped another image from the same set on Whisper White and fussy-cut it out. I glued the stem to the card base and popped up the flower with Dimensionals. I added a tiny knotted piece to the stem with a glue dot and wrapped some Calypso Coral Organdy Ribbon around the top and added a tag.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What a creative way to use the embossing folder. I would never have thought of that. Thanks for a new idea to share!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!