Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.07.2012

Colour Coach

The Colour Coach is a great tool and that's how I got my colour combo for today's card. I'll be honest with you that Pretty in Pink is not a colour I use often... but I have TONS of card stock in this colour, so I'm trying to use it more and more.

Since I don't use the colour often, I needed some colour inspiration, so I referred to the trusted Colour Coach and viola! Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Marina Mist.

Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Certainly Celery
Stamps: Tea Shoppe
Tools: Big Shot, Framed Tulips TIEF, Modern Label Punch, Simply Scored
Accessories: Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)
I started with a Pretty in Pink card stock base and embossed it with the Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I actually used the longest side of the folder and ran it through the big shot three times to get the border at the bottom of the card. The trick is to only run it through until you hit the folder and not all the way through. If you continue to run the card through the Big Shot with each additional border you add, you'd flatten your design. I love finding new ways to use SU! products! At the top of the Whisper White panel, I scored three lines using my Simply Scored, but it's hard to see that in the picture.

After stamping and cutting out the tea cup from Tea Shoppe, I added some Certainly Celery ribbon (retired) behind it for some added texture. The tea cup was then popped up with Dimensionals. I also randomly stamped the flower from the same set and then punched out my stamped sentiment with my Modern Label Punch.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!