Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.11.2012

Falling Leaves

There were several things that got me thinking about making a fall card for today's post. For one, the  Holiday Catty has many new items in it. Then there was a fall card we made at a recent techniques class. Add on top of that the gloomy, colder weather we've had the last couple of days (that I don't mind so much), and I guess this all inspired me to make a fall card.

Paper: Comfort Cafe DSP, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Ink: Soft Suede
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Tools: Big Shot, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Woodgrain TIEF
This was a pretty simple card to put together. I started with some scraps I had left over from another project - the Comfort Cafe DSP rectangles. I created a "window" with them. Next, I cut the oak leaf from Cajun Craze with the new Autumn Accents Bigz Die and ran it through with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

To finish off, I used some strips of scraps and curled them around a pencil and glued them to the leaf. I added my sentiment and the card was done! Now I've got a beautiful Thanksgiving card to give to someone... two months from now! :)

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Great colour combo and layout...love it! I'm now following you.
    Cindy
    www.turtlecreations-papercrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!