Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.06.2012

For Royalty

Today's card uses colours from the Stampin' Royalty Colour Challenge this week. Here's the colour combo:


I think this colour combo would be great for Christmas (and I can't wait to try that out!), but I wasn't feeling Christmas today, so here's what I came up with:

Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Patio Party DSP
Ink: Gumball Green
Stamps: Circle Cirus
Tools: Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, 1-1/4 Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8 Circle Punch
Accessories: Jewels
I started by scoring a faux quilted look using my Simply Scored with Diagonal Plate. I added a small border with a piece of DSP from the Patio Party pack and a small accent of Gumball Green card stock.

I stamped one of the stamps from Circle Circus in Gumball Green and punched it out using the 1-3/8" Circle Punch, mounting that on 1-1/4" scallop circles punched from Summer Starfruit. I popped the middle one with Dimensionals.

To finish things off, I thought the card could use a little bling. So, at every cross in my faux quilting, I added a tiny jewel.

I chose not to add a sentiment to this card so that it can be used for any occasion... or, I could always add one at a later date if I needed to.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is so cute. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your RR,SS,GG card.
    Thanks for sharing
    sherrill graff
    istmpnv@aol.com
    http://latenightstampermeetup.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!