Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.27.2012

Ribbon Storage!

I don't know about you, but I have TONS of ribbons. Before going strictly SU!, I probably had close to 100 spools of ribbon from various places. I have since sold off a lot of it, but still have my favourites, not to use on cards, but for gift wrapping. :)

Anyway, my point is that I still have a lot of ribbon and have tried several different storage solutions over the years. My preference is to work off the spool so that I know the exact amount of ribbon to use for a project. I also like to organize by colour and style.

I cannot take credit for this idea I'm about to share with you, but unfortunately also do not know who to give credit to for it!! 



These units are IKEA picture shelving. They come in two sizes, I opted for the longest size and currently have 3 shelves... although, I could use at least one more! :) These are also pretty easy to make, but I was impatient to wait for my handy husband, so I bought some. They're reasonably priced (I think around $20) and come in black or white.

They've worked with all different sized spools so far and have found them to be incredibly handy. I also added some IKEA jars that store flowers and such that I've scattered throughout my shelves. For my SU! ribbon shelf, I've used one to separate my retired and current ribbons.

Hope this idea has inspired you to organize something in your space too!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!