Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.30.2012

Serene Silhouettes for FMS

Today's card is inspired by both the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches, and my upline, Leena Girsa. In fact, my card is pretty much a CASE of Leena's beautiful card (see it here), but with a few twists.

First, here's the sketch:


When Leena designed her card for our monthly team meeting, I just fell in love with it and knew I had to one day recreate it. I just didn't want to completely copy it, so here's my version based on the sketch above:


Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Marina Mist
Ink: So Saffron, Old Olive, More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler, Black
Stamps: Serene Silhouettes
Tools: Big Shot, Woodgrain TIEF, Post-It Notes
Accessories: Naturals Button, Twine
Aside from the tree image from Serene Silhouettes, I sponged the entire image. When I saw the three layers in the sketch, I had the idea to carry the image across all three... kind of like the Triple Time Stamping technique I featured last week (see card here), but with a twist.

I first sponged all three layers with So Saffron and after masking my sun with a 1-3/8" circle, I started adding my layers of colours until I achieved the look I wanted.

I decided to add a tiny black border around all layers - a last minute decision - and I think it works. I glued the initial layer to the card base and then popped up each additional layer. To finish off, I added a button with some twine and I just love how this card turned out!

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

23 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous. What a smart idea to bring the scene across the card in layers. Love the background layer too...perfect...and yes the black outline border does make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I can see what you mean about having to CASE it, what a gorgeous card and I love how you used the layers of the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! Great scene and inking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph! Wow! I love the separate layers and the think black border is perfect. You did a beautiful job! I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous . . . thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! I love this! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spotted your card on Freshly Made... I love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this card is amazing! I haven't seen anything like it. Very cool technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sun-sational dramatic and gorgeous:)
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly an awesome card Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So love this card, Steph! I saw it on the FMS site and it caught my eye, but I didn't have time to really look at it...just thought...cool card. Then I saw your post on SC and I thought "Of course that's Steph's card". Leave it to you to come up with something so fresh and different!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, gorgeous and amazing! A great technique. Looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous, your color choices make for one stunning card! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Princess Steph, for the FMS shoutout for your fantabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an awesome card. I'm marking it to try to CASE. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is just beautiful!! Everything about it from the sponging to blending of colours to the trees in black..it just stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very good blog post. I definitely appreciate this site.
    Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible points. Great arguments. Keep up the great effort.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keep on working, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging
    for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is
    excellent, let alone the content!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!