Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.05.2012

Summer Days

The summer's going by pretty fast and lately, my days have been super busy! I don't know where the time goes. But I did manage to get some stamping time in yesterday... but maybe that was only because I woke up at 3:30 a.m.?!

Today I have a few note cards I made using Happy Hour. This is such a great set and it was my first time inking it up. I know what I'm going to be using these cards for later on, but thought I'd share them with you know.

Paper: Berry Blossoms DSP (retired), Whisper White
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Early Espresso
Stamps: Happy Hour
Tools: Big Shot, Window Frames Framelits
These were pretty quick and easy to put together. I know the Berry Blossoms DSP is retired, but it just works so well with the "fruity" drink I chose to feature on the cards. Doesn't a drink like this remind you of summer, warmth, relaxation?! Oh how I'd love to be on a beach somewhere sipping one of these...

I did some paper piecing with this project. I first stamped the drink in Early Espresso. After stamping the straw and mini umbrella, I pieced the liquid from the drink over top (cutting it out by hand from a scrap piece of paper). This not only gives the effect that the straw and umbrella are sitting in the drink, but also adds more colour. You could also get this effect using your coloured Stampin' Write Markers, but then you'd have to do some masking in order for the drink accessories to fade into the liquid.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Easy to make but very striking! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph,
    I am getting thirsty seeing your cards. The in colors are a perfect choice for your card design. I follow you now!
    Maike from
    www.simply-sweet-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!