Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.11.2012

Thanks is for Giving

Several days back I posted a simple gift set we made at the Regional event in Hamilton. Our team challenge was to create one and bring it to our meeting yesterday. Well, I kinda flubbed it a bit because I do have trouble keeping things simple! I shoulda just stuck to stamps and paper. I guess you can call mine a "stepped up" version. :)



Paper: SU! Note Cards, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Ink: Pool Party, Soft Suede, More Mustard
Stamps: Fresh Vintage (SAB 2012), Friendship Preserves, Seasonal Sayings
Tools: Big Shot, Window Frames Framelits, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Fun Flowers Bigz Die
Accessories: Comfort Cafe Fabric

The first issue was that I didn't have any Vellum, so I had to think up another way to create my "case". Once I decided on fabric, it just spiraled out of control from there! I had to use more fabric on the cards, of course, and then I just kept layering and stamping.

I'm really pleased with how they turned out, but certainly not the simplicity that I should have gone for...

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you were at HAMILTON Regionals?! We should definitely have met up! Next time ;)

    This is wicked, by the way. I love it done with fabric... I want to try this now with the Orchard Harvest... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! I love the 'hint' of fabric on the cards too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!