Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

12.09.2012

Snowflake Ballerina

Welcome to another week at Sunday Stamps! This week is a colour challenge, so you're free to do what you want with the colour scheme. As much as I wanted to steer away from Christmas (because I'm tired of making Christmas cards already), I just couldn't resist with Holly's colour theme this week.

My card was 100% inspired by some snowflake ballerina garland I saw on Pinterest:

Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Brushed Silver Specialty, Printer Paper
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: The Sounding Joy (retired)
Tools: Heat Tool, Black Embossing Powder
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds

Here is the link to the template I used to cut out the ballerina. As soon as I saw these ballerinas in Pinterest, I thought about The Nutcracker and just had to make one to fit on a card. I used the template found on the website, brought it into MDS and resized it. The tutu was cut by hand from a 3x3 piece of paper. I used ordinary printer paper for both because of the numerous folds in the tutu.

To add some sparkle and bling, I covered the tutu in Dazzling Diamonds and heat embossed the sentiment.

I hope you're inspired to play along with us this week!


Until next time, stay crafty!

Steph

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Steph! I love that glam on the tutu and how the ballerina is over top of the sentiment a bit - so classic! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! I saw her on Pinterest and I cannot wait to try myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!