Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.08.2013

A New Series! Christmas in July...

For about the next week, I'll be showcasing cards for a new series called Christmas in July. Not only will I be talking about Christmas, but I will be using (mostly) non Christmas stamps to show you that you can work with what you've got!

Today I'm featuring a card using the oh-so-popular Lovely as a Tree stamp set. Check it out:


Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Silver Glimmer
Ink: Pool Party, Midnight Muse
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Merry Messages
Tools: Heat Tool, Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelits
Accessories: Jewels
Technique: Heat Embossing
So, the sentiment is from the long ago retired set Merry Messages, but the main focal image is from a stamp set that is not specifically Christmas. This is one of two images that can potentially be used from this set, so the possibilities are endless!

After making this, I thought the evergreen would look pretty sweet if I had used Pool Party embossing powder, but I'm happy with the result. Perhaps I'll give that combo a try next.

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the second post in this series...

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!