Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.10.2013

Christmas in July Series - Post 3

If you missed the previous posts, you might want to check them out starting a couple of posts back. I'm doing a week-long series on Christmas cards, but not using Christmas stamps. Here's today's:

Paper: Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer
Ink: Basic Gray
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Tools: Big Shot, Heat Tool, Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die, Snowflurry Bigz Die
Accessories: Doily
Ok, so this isn't my favourite. It looked so much better in my head! ha. I hardly ever plan my designs out... I just create as I go. This one seemed to take hours!

The Typeset Alpha Bigz Die is so versatile! I've been using it a lot. On this card, "N O E L" fit just perfectly. After stamping and embossing the trees and cutting my letters, I thought it needed something else. After playing around with several ideas, I thought about using a doily. It didn't look quite right when I just laid the doily down, so I got the idea to cut a snowflake into it. It works, but I've got some other ideas floating around in my head with those doilies, so stay tuned...

Anyway, it is what it is. Maybe you love it. Creators are their worst critics after all. :)

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!