Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.12.2013

Christmas in July Series - Post 5

This has got to be one of my favourite cards from this series so far. I just love how it turned out and I'm quite proud of myself for really pushing my brain for this one!

Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Early Espresso
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Delightful Dozen
Tools: Punch Pack Punches
Accessories: Summer Starfruit Satin Stitched Ribbon, Jewels
If you read my supplies above, it wasn't a mistake that I wrote Papillon Potpourri as one of the stamp sets used! Can you believe it?! When I first started this series, I pulled out all the stamps I thought I could work with. At our team meeting on Tuesday, my sideline (thanks Mirela!) was talking about how she's addicted to using this stamp set on all her cards... so that made me want to try using it for Christmas!

I used some grade school skills for this card... I cut a template from a piece of scrap paper and then randomly stamped one of the butterfly images, making sure to get into my pointed corners. The delicate design really worked for this:

I used the middle butterfly on the right.

Now I really set the bar high for myself on using non Christmas stamps for this series! But I gotta tell you, this has really helped me to be more creative and think about my stamps in a completely different way. I might have to try doing this series for another occasion later on, but for now, I can't stop making non-Christmas Christmas cards!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!