Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.31.2013

Feather Wreath

Well, it's the last day of my Christmas in July sale (check out the product here), so I thought I'd show you another Christmas card:

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Silver Specialty
Ink: Midnight Muse, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Stamps: Fine Feathers, Petite Pairs
Tools: Circle Punches - 2-1/2, 1-3/4 & 1-3/8
Accessories: Jewels, Silver 1/8" Ribbon (sneak peek!)

This is likely not the last Christmas card you'll see from me (I've got TONS more and it's only July!), but one I wanted to show you sooner than later. I loved the Fine Feathers stamp set the moment I saw it in last year's catalogue. Sad to say though, I haven't used it too much as I've had trouble figuring it out.

Several months ago I did a happy dance because I had this vision of a feather wreath. I spend FOREVER executing my vision (several different ways) and all were epic fails! Last night I was perusing the internet and saw an image that was literally a few blurred swirls that formed a circle and that set off the light bulb. I ran to my craft loft, punched a hole in my paper and got to work.

This card is the result of that, and I love it! I finished it without the ribbon and liked it a lot, but felt it needed a little something else. I remembered about that gorgeous silver ribbon I pre-ordered from the Holiday Catalogue (live tomorrow!) and added a tiny bow. Perfect!

I know this turned out to be a long winded post, but happy you made it through. I thought my readers would want to know a little back story behind this card. I know it's not everyone's taste - non traditional colours and images - but I'm in love because I'm really happy with how it turned out and that my vision finally came to light!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!