Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.15.2013

Genius!

Well, I thought this idea was anyway! Check it out:


I'm always on the hunt for ideas... whether it's cards, design, organization, you name it, I'm looking for it! The latest hunt was for ideas on displaying my cards and other product for sale. My upline & friend Leena Girsa showed me her idea for display by using newspaper racks to display her product. I thought that was genius. I immediately went out and bought some (did I mention I was impatient when it came to implementing new ideas?!). They display product beautifully - most recently, they displayed product for the vendor sale I participated in to sell off gently used or new product. People even commented on how organized my table was!

Anyway, after seeing Leena's idea and purchasing some for myself, I walked up and down the aisles at Solutions (a home organization store here in Canada). I mean EVERY aisle. Even ones that I thought wouldn't matter. There were a few possibilities, but then I saw the shoe racks. Even better, I saw the above shoe display (yes, that's what it's for) on clearance because it was the floor model. What did I care?! It was in excellent condition! I think the sales reps were shocked to see me buying it... little did they know what I was going to do with it.

This stand is AWESOME! Each "basket" is somewhat closed off so that I don't have to worry too much about items falling through. A few cheapy baskets I bought fit perfectly and house all my tags and little sale items nicely. The baskets even move up and down to accommodate larger items, and best of all, it sits on a table top AND has a carry handle! What more can a gal ask for?!

The point is that when you're looking for new ideas, think "outside the box". It's something that was drilled in my head when I took Graphic Design, and I think that's a huge part of why I think the way I do sometimes. You never know where an idea will come from!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!