Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.08.2013

Honeycomb for Sunday Stamps

It's Sunday and our bi-weekly challenge over at Sunday Stamps. This week is a sketch challenge (created by yours truly) and I hope you can play along with us!

Paper: Calypso Coral, Pistacio Pudding, Naturals Ivory
Tools: Big Shot, Honeycomb TIEF
Accessories: Pearls, This & That Washi Tape, Die Cut Flowers (retired)
I'll start by saying that I am really happy with this card - the 15+ pearls in the center of the flower and the pleated Washi Tape draws the eye, I think. But to be honest, I had been thinking for the past few weeks (since I created this card) that since it was my sketch and the challenge fell on my birthday, that I should create a birthday card with this sketch layout. I unfortunately never got around to it...


Well, maybe I'll create some belated birthday ones with this sketch. It's a simple & versatile one. So versatile, you should head on over to Sunday Stamps (if you haven't already) and check out how the rest of the design team used it & then play along! As always, they rocked it... and there are even a couple of birthday-themed ones too. :)

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

5 comments:

  1. Steph....I just want to say, when I saw this card I gasped! I love love love the centre of your flower! It completely classes up those flowers that I had a super hard time using! I also love that tiny little bit of ripple on the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Steph! Love that flower and the centre is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Steph! Hope you had a wonderful day and continue celebrating all week. Love your sketch for this new challenge! I too love all the pearls in the center of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is your birhday, Steph? If it is the 7th we are "Birthday Buddies"! Hope you had a fun celebration. The flower center is awesome and I like the ruffled washi and color combination. It is a fantastic sketch and I know I'll use it alot!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying the tour of your craft space and this card is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!