Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.09.2013

Organization: Part 3

Today I'm going to show you a shelving unit I designed and that my awesome husband made:



Isn't it sweet?! As I was researching organization ideas, I saw many versions of the stamp pad holders. I also wanted/needed something for my stamps because previously, they were in drawers and on top of my desk.

Now that SU! has the new & awesome wood-mount stamp cases, all the stamps naturally fit in the same space. Also, I strongly felt ink and stamps needed to be in the same space, as well as, my markers, sponges & reinkers. The shelf I designed accomplishes just that!

Here is the breakdown of how I've organized it:

  • Reinkers - at the very top in a green basket (sorry, it's not very visible in the photo)
  • Stamps - sit on the shelves (how do you organize your stamps? I'm not sure if I should do it in alpha order or by type). Each shelf can fit approximately 42 single cases. For my husbands' sake, I hope that's enough! ;)
  • Sponges - I used the Decorative Label Punch to punch the card stock colour and stapled it to the corresponding sponge. These all sit together in a glass container from IKEA. I'm not a dauber person.
  • Stampin' Write Markers - are in clear-mount stamp cases with labels designed by Kimberly Barker - she so generously shared these with all the Demos on our Demo-Only site.
  • Inks - I prefer to organize them by colour, not by colour family as in the SU! Catalogue... but my shelving unit can accommodate that if I choose to organize them that way in the future.

I've got another post or two on organization, so make sure to come back!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Sweet storage unit! That man is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!