Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.10.2013

Organization: Part 4

Today is my last post on my new craft space and organization. I'm sorry that I'm squeezing so many photos/ideas into one post, but I've got so many projects lined up that I'm eager to share!

 
Two of these units sit under my main desk and they are awesome! They hold many of my essential tools - scrubs, clear blocks, embossing, piercing, office supplies, etc. I also discovered that the deeper drawers (3 out of 5) house two cardboard photo boxes and therefore I can have different items in the same drawer, but keep like items together.



I wish IKEA still made these, but I'm glad that I at least have a couple. This one has six drawers of varying sizes that hold my larger adhesives (Dimensionals, Sticky Strip & Glue Dots) and larger embellishments like my pearls & jewels. The other unit has nine equals drawer units and houses all my extra adhesives. It's a great way to keep track of inventory!



These cubed units have been with me for years! They are stackable and some can be flipped so that you can use them two different ways. As you can see, they house the majority of my stash - all my paper (that are in plastic dividers, organized by colour family/type), ready-made cards, envelopes, dies, Framites, etc. I think I've finally figured out a configuration that works.

From all these pictures, the commonality is the labelling! From these and photos in the previous posts, you've probably noticed that I label everything. Do I have a labelling addiction? Well, perhaps, but it really does make my entire space more efficient. If something is hiding in a drawer, I don't have to open several to find what I'm looking for.

As I mentioned in my first post in this series, I like to see everything in my space. If I don't see it, I won't use it. It's impossible to physically see everything, labelling makes that happen! ;)

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!