Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

1.08.2014

Seriously?!

Are we seriously already a week into 2014?! I can't believe a week has gone by already. I hope you're reading this from somewhere warm... it's been crazy cold here lately! I think it's about -16C (3F) right now. That's much better than the -40C with windchills the other day!

On top of the frigid temps, we've had it all over the last few weeks - an ice storm, snow squalls/blizzards and a huge dumping of snow. Have you ever got to experience "frost quakes"? Freaked me out the first time I heard one (before I knew what it was). It's when water gets down into the soil and then freezes. The pressure causes somewhat of an explosion in the earth and creates a big BOOM! If it's close, it shakes the house. After knowing what the noise was, it was pretty cool hearing it...


Anyway, with the crazy weather, holidays, sicknesses, etc., I have not been able to get down and inky in my craft space. So I have a couple of older projects to show you until I can create some new stuff.



This card was pretty quick to put together. I stamped the delicate doily design several times in Pool Party and then did the same, but heat embossed with Smokey Slate. I also heat embossed the sentiment in Silver. I added some velvet decorative tape (non SU!) for some added dimension. I thought it suited the design well.

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

RECIPE:
Paper: Pool Party, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party
Stamps: Happy Day, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Tools: Heat Tool
Accessories: Jewels
Techniques: Heat Embossing

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty Steph...love that velvet tape!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!