Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

1.18.2014

Sketch Saturdays

Welcome back to another segment for my posts I'm calling Sketch Saturdays. This is my second one, and I'm really enjoying doing this. It's opening my creative mind…

This week, I'm featuring a sketch I created myself for a One Sheet Wonder series I'm working on (more on that in the coming weeks). It's a simple sketch, but check out what I did with it!







Well, I did a few things with it, actually. First, I flipped it. Next, I created four designs with it, from the very simple (for someone with very limited supplies, for example), to the more elaborate, using tools that one may not have access to.

I wanted to showcase that a simple sketch, doesn't always have to be so simple… and that you can create with just using the very basic of tools. The first card only uses a paper trimmer and a marker to ink the stamp. There's not much more to the second one, but just switching to a couple of basic punches and you've got a different look!

The third looks a little more in-depth, but it really isn't. You might think that I used some fancy tools, maybe a punch, but all I used were paper-piercing tools! I pierced the holes first in my triangular piece and then cut a small border free-hand following the shape of the pierced holes. The heart is also done the same way.

Lastly, the fourth uses the Big Shot and the Floral Frames Framelits, as well as the the Modern Mosaic TIEF. I heat embossed the sentiment, scattered some pearls and added an In-Color Dahlia.

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

RECIPE:
Paper: 2012-2014 In Color Card Stock, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, Birthday Basics DSP
Ink: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Raspberry Ripple
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Tools: Big Shot, Modern Mosaic TIEF, Floral Frames Framelits, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Artisan Label Punch, Paper-Piercing Mat, Paper-Piercing Tool, Paper-Piercing Essentials Pack, Heat Tool
Accessories: Pearls, In-Color Dahlia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!