Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.22.2014

Very Merry

Here's a new design for you! Inspired from various different magazine sources - using border punches, strips of paper & pleating with paper.


Recently, I spent a few days away from home and when deciding what craft stuff to bring along, I turned to the paper stacks from Stampin' Up! This one is no longer available, but I barely even used it. Gasp! Anyway, I choose to take these along because they're perfect for card making, plus, it helped me to choose what solid card stock to take also. I was able to take along a lot of patterned paper (because I have several packs) and limited card stock. :)

I cut about 1" strips and then punched one side with my Scallop Border Punch. I mixed eight strips together and angled them randomly on my card base. The base of my card is only 3-3/4" wide because I wanted my pleated strip to hang over the edge to create extra interest. I finished off with a button (retired), some twine and a couple of Candy Dots.

Hope you like it!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph


RECIPE:
Paper: Naturals White, Fresh Prints Paper Stack
Ink: Real Red
Stamps: And Many More
Tools: Scallop Border Punch 
Accessories: Button, Twine & Subtles Candy Dots

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I have a lot of this paper stack so a very creative idea to use up the paper. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!