Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

7.22.2015

Emerging Colours Technique - Picture Tutorial!

As I mentioned on Monday, I attended a business event last weekend. Part of that event was creating projects, of course! Here is a quick picture tutorial of a technique we did called Emerging Colours (also known as Joseph's Coat or a form of colour resist embossing). Check it out:


On a whisper white piece of paper, sponge three colours (I like three anyway, but I suppose you can do more, depending on the look you want). This is completely random and the result will look different every time you do this technique!


Next steps:
1. Very important!! Be very generous with your Embossing Buddy and coat the entire surface.
2. Ink your image in VersaMark. I chose to use the leaf image from the Wonderous Wreath stamp set.
3. Heat emboss your images with Clear Embossing Powder and your Heat Tool.



The final step, once your heated images are dry, is to sponge the entire surface with a dark ink. I chose Early Espresso. Be generous and sponge until you're happy with the look. From the image above, you can start to see the areas where the clear embossing is resisting the dark ink... and the colours underneath are emerging. :)

For the finished project, make sure to tune back on Friday!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!