Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.10.2015

Dora Punch Art

Happy Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Yesterday I got to hang out with some friends and celebrate the birthday of one of my children's friends. She really loves Dora, so naturally, I had to create a custom piece for her!


When I sat down to create this card, I had to turn to Pinterest for inspiration. I was instantly drawn to Christi's card and started my punching. I changed things up slightly from the punches she used as follows: shoes & shoulders: Heart to Heart (retired); hands & socks: Boho Blossom (retired); legs & arms: Word Window; hair: XL Oval; face: Ornament (retired) and eyes & mouth: Owl Builder 


The trick with punch art is that you sponge all the edges to give dimension to the pieces. The colours you choose to do this depend on your paper colours. You always want to go a shade or so darker than the paper.


For added dimension, I popped up Dora's head and didn't glue her fingers down.


This is what the card looked like on the gift. I didn't use an envelope because I wanted the card to be seen!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!