Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

8.07.2015

Surfboard Custom Card

Happy Friday! Today I'm showing you a card I created looooong ago. It was a custom request for a customer. The recipient loved to surf - here's what I came up with:


I decided to create a step card because I wanted lots of layers and interest. I used some swirly die cuts as 'waves', stamped some shells and cut a surfboard freehand. Of course I added some embossing before piecing it all together.


With a step card, there's really not a lot of room to write (hey, some people may even appreciate that!), but I added a piece to the back panel for a few birthday wishes.


Here's a better view of the dimension you get when you create such a fancy fold. The best part though is that it will still fit in a standard envelope! Here's a Pinterest search with pictures of all the different types of cards you can create with this type of fold. Give it a try... it's simpler than it looks!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!