Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.22.2015

Minecraft Custom Request

I wrote a post last week about a custom request and here's another one that challenged me! I was asked to create a Minecraft card for a customer and I really had no clue as to what this was, but that wasn't going to stop me from creating something. I turned to Pinterest, of course and was inspired by Stamping T in Australia. Here is a step-by-step on how I put this (tedious) card together.

I started out by raiding my scrap bin and pulling out different shades of green, plus black and then cut them into 1/4" strips and then 1/4" squares. My Stampin' Trimmer was my best friend for this project!


I happened to have some sticky note pages that looked like grid paper, so I trimmed that down so it would fit on my card front (4" x 5-1/4"). You could use any grid paper, but I found it convenient that my page stayed in place as I was gluing all the little pieces on.


Next I marked out where I wanted certain things to go. I knew I wanted the image to be square, but wasn't entirely sure what I was going to put at the bottom yet.


This AMAZING Fine Tip Glue Pen (in the Holiday Catalogue) made this project more manageable.


After gluing down the black areas, I just randomly started gluing the remaining green squares. I started with just one shade of green and then moved on to the next.


I really loved seeing all the different shades together and I might do another project like it, but with bigger squares! ;) This was VERY time consuming...


Towards the end, I wasn't as concerned about having the same shades close together. It still looked good. I think from start to finish, this card took me around 2-1/2 hours! It's really crazy when you think about it, but it was worth it when my customer was thrilled with the result. I think they also thought I was a little crazy!


Come back tomorrow to see the final result!

Until then, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!