Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

12.15.2017

A Week in Review

Hello!

This is the first post of many weekly installments I'm entitling "A Week in Review".  These posts will showcase a variety of projects, many of which I have teased with on Instagram, but here, you'll get more detail. ;)

Cards:

This first one features some current & new products that are coming up in the new Occasions Catalogue (live January 3rd). I used the Ronald McDonald Stamp Set - Sharing Sweet Thoughts - in conjunction with the Everyday Jars Framelits and some new products, including some yummy DSP and a tiny strawberry punch! I kept the card fairly simply, but created a small shaker element. I stamped some strawberries & coloured them with Stampin' Blends and used some punched strawberries as the shaker pieces.


This next card features many new products, including a sequin embossing folder!! Eek!! Speaking of sequins, there are some self-adhesive sequins in the new catty too! The other elements, some scalloped velvet trim and silver vellum embellishments, are part of an embellishment pack. It's pretty fabulous. To make some of those vellum pieces really pop, I burnished the vellum to make certain areas white and this technique also naturally curls the vellum, making it look more dimensional.


This last card is one I designed for my class tonight. I love the Half Full Stamp Set. To give the wine glass extra depth, I coloured them in with my Stampin' Blends, followed by my Fine Tip Glue Pen - did you know it hardens and turns glossy, as well as glue? I love using it to accent pieces of a project!


Scrapbooking:

One of my goals for the new year is to keep up with my memory keeping. I've got years of catching up to do! Here's a simple layout I created. I was inspired by a quilting pattern for the snowman. I cut my pictures with Layering Circles Thinlits and laid some silver Foil Snowflakes in behind. I also snuck a few new embellishments (from that same embellishment pack I chatted about above).


3D Projects:

Obviously I love handmade, but when it comes to holiday decor, I love adding a new piece or two every year to my decorating. Here's a table centerpiece I created. I repurposed the base from a floral arrangement I had received and added some floral foam & cotton balls. The tree "trunks" were from a past Paper Pumpkin kit and the "trees" were originally going to be from a past kit as well (October 2014). That kit included pie-shaped boxes, but they weren't in colours I wanted for this project. While I could've covered them in DSP, I opted to trace the boxes and create new ones instead. I hammered three different sized holes on all sides and from the inside, covered a few randomly with Glimmer Paper in all the metallics and the remainder with Vellum. The pieces then have interest with or without light.


My last project is with the little Pizza Boxes - how cute are they?! They're perfect for a some homemade baked goods or small treats. I created a removable band for them, as well as some Santa cinnamon sticks. My mom used to make them when I was younger, so I thought I'd give it a try. I painted the ends and then added the beard and pom pom with Embossing Paste. I think they make the perfect topper to my boxes.


Hope you enjoyed this first installment of many. See you next week for my Week in Review. ;)

Until then, stay crafty!
Steph

If you would like to purchase Stampin' Up! or take a class, visit www.hofkissed.stampinup.net or check me out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hofkissed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!