Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

6.26.2014

Flower Card with June Paper Pumpkin

Today I'm sharing another project I created with the June Paper Pumpkin kit. I didn't have use for 24 pinwheels, so I told my brain to think outside the box and see what else it could come up with. This card is similar to the one I created yesterday, but in order to create it, you would need some additional tools.



As in yesterday's post, I used my ink spot to "draw" on my flower stem and leaves. I stamped the stars to create "grass"... very abstract I suppose. For a step-by-step photo tutorial on the flower, see below.

For the next few posts I'm sharing with you, I used elements that I punched from the three different pinwheel papers you receive in the kit (that are double-sided). Here, you'll see the shapes I punched from each, in total, I was able to punch 12 flowers, 24 stars and 12 banners.


For the card above, I made the flower with 6 layers... but I only used 3 punched out pieces. Here how I did that!

Step 1: choose three designs.


Step 2: crumple up each flower so the paper becomes softer and the layers start peeling away.


Step 3: the crumpled flowers break up the paper fibers and you can gently pull them apart - 1 flower will now give you 2. :)



Step 4: layer the flowers in the order you want, pierce a hole through the center and use the brad that's included with the kit.


Hope you're liking my alternative Paper Pumpkin projects. I'd love to hear your comments!

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!